README: Brigade Congress 2022 Participatory Governance Guide

​​In this section, you will find ways for us, as a community, to collectively participate in the governance of our Network.

How to Participate

Participation will be virtual-first and we’ll be using Discourse threads to facilitate discussions and to gather feedback and nominations.

The table below will be continuously updated as we begin to share out each topic and how to participate. Each topic will have its own set of instructions and ways to plug in, which you can access once you select a topic.

Q: Can I only participate during Brigade Congress?

Nope! You can begin to engage in the topics once they are made available above. However, during Brigade Congress, in-person attendees will have the opportunity to participate in these topics via in-person “booths”.

During and after Brigade Congress, a staff member will move in-person contributions to its respective Discourse topic thread. Each topic made available to engage in will be open to participation until the end of October unless otherwise stated.

If you need any assistance or have any questions, you can leave a comment in this thread or contact @Mari via email (mmiranda@codeforamerica.org) or on Slack.

Just wanted to give a quick thank you to those who have contributed to the in-person ‘participatory stuff’ at Brigade Congress (wish I took a photo of the full area at the end of the event, but I’m sure someone out there has that!). Also, thanks to those that have already participated virtually! Excited to see more participation and discussion in these topics. :yellow_heart:

Please share this Discourse post to fellow volunteers no matter their level of engagement in the Network! It’s important for us to get a wide range of perspectives and overall engagement in our community. Reach out to me if you have any questions or want to chat about any of the things in this year’s Participatory Governance activities.

Some topics that are (I think) the most applicable and easy for all folks to engage in no matter how long they’ve been in the Network, Brigades, NAT, etc are: