Thoughts from a conversation with Laura that I’m putting in a thread…
Major issues with elections (note - regional elections are not up for another year):
- Regional imbalances (biased towards higher population areas and larger brigades).
- Brigade members vote but are not likely to be familiar with candidates.
- Regions are not ideally proportioned.
- Does it even make sense to have “Regional” NAC members? Is there a better criteria to ensure representation?
- Assign a limited number of votes per Brigade (5 votes?). Not sure how to decide on an optimal number, but this would give each Brigade equal standing. Leadership (which ideally has had more contact with the candidates), rather than members, would be submitting votes.
- Re-design the region boundaries.