Network Team Updates: Staffing and Hiring Opportunities

Network Team Updates: Staffing and Hiring Opportunities

I recently shared some reflections about our moment of transition as a community, and wanted to provide more updates with our Network as our team enters into a new phase of transition. You can expect more regular updates from me as our hiring progresses.

Building with, not for

The Network has helped build Code for America, from its founding until now. And – especially in recent year – our hiring reflects that.

• On the Network Team, we hired Code for Boston’s Will Pfeffer as a Senior Program Manager and former NAC member and OpenMaine leader Em Burnett as a Senior Community Manager.
  • We’re thrilled that former NAC co-chair Melanie Mazanec recently joined our Delivery Driven Government program team.
  • Open Oakland’s Tom Dooner, Code for Fresno’s Zackary Antoyan and Code for Atlanta’s Luigi Ray Montañez are also dedicated staff members at Code for America, each getting part of their start with our Brigade Network.
  • Code for BTV’s Irit Seligman has joined us in a temporary capacity to help provide day-to-day support for Brigades.
  • In contracted capacities, we’re thrilled to have Yeti Aberra of Code for Atlanta and Tim Leisman of Code for Greensboro supporting our ReVisioning work.
  • Teaser: We have another NAC member and Brigade Leader joining us this summer in a short-term role (read on!).

On the horizon

By the end of June, we expect to begin hiring for two roles on the Network team. These roles may shift from some of the previous team structure, and we’re crafting them to best meet the needs of Brigades. Keep your eyes on the #jobs-for-america channel and job board (which will be back online June 1) when these roles go live. We’ll share with our Network through email and Slack, too.

Welcome Tyrek!

In order to best meet the needs of our Network and in keeping with hiring from within our Network where values, skills, and team needs align, I’m pleased to welcome NAC member Tyrek Shepard as temporary support (May - Sept) for our National Day of Civic Hacking team. Tyrek will be working closely with the Network team on planning this year’s event, and with our programs team on policy and research related to National Day of Civic Hacking. We’re thrilled to welcome Tyrek!

I am so excited to be a part of this next chapter for our Network.

Meredith

2 Likes

Congrats @tyrekshepard !!! Excited for you and this opportunity! :partying_face: :tada: :confetti_ball:

1 Like