End of year housekeeping and MOU process for Brigades

Goodbye, 2020: End of Year MOU Signing for Brigade Leaders

With 2020 coming to a close, this is a good time for you and your Brigade to reflect on the year and to create your vision for 2021. There are a few important things to keep in mind. Coming up on November 16, the MOU process for Brigades will begin. A MOU is a memoranda of understanding; it’s the formal way Code for America and its affiliate Brigades document and agree to a relationship with each other. By signing a MOU, your Brigade is in official standing and can receive the benefits of associated software service (like Meetup.com or ArcGIS.)

What do I need to do to fill out my Brigade’s MOU?

The Code for America Network sent individual emails to Brigade leaders on November 16. The people receiving your Brigade’s MOU document are the people who are listed in this contact directory. If you’d like to change the contact for your Brigade, email us at brigade-info@codeforamerica.org.

There are 2 steps to completing the MOU process this year:

1. Sign the MOU you received via email, after making sure the MOU represents the correct fiscal status of your Brigade.
  2. Complete the 2020 End of Year Survey for your Brigade. This may take some time to complete; you can preview all questions in this document so that you can gather the information you’ll need before starting the form.

I have other questions. Where can I find those?

Check out our FAQ document. You can always email us at brigade-info@codeforamerica.org.

Please publish a copy of the MOU so I can easily share and review with all members of my brigade. It would be nice to have a copy of the MOU in the FAQ as well. Reading the changes out of context does not work for me.

Where is a copy of the “Name and Likeness License Agreement” referenced in 4B and 4C?