Community Partner MOU templates

There was a conversation in Slack a while back where a couple MOU templates were shared that brigades have used with community partners. Let’s dig those up and turn this into a wiki indexing them.

Please reply if you have links to them or any others!

2 Likes

To solidify partnerships and set expectations, we use a Skilled Volunteer Engagement Agreement.. That link is for the template that we use. We have found it really helpful in the past.

3 Likes

Here’s one that Code for Philly has used: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ohzkIKLOb1V8HzeCw-OMl1rLHQg9ll6DADMabTP8-Z0/edit

And here’s one from Open Austin shared by @mateo: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O5iZXLmwGhBp566FSPUijVet7kvXuWKfL1cf7pylKkg/edit?usp=sharing

Here’s our “Partner Packet”: 4 documents (and an overview) that can be used when setting expectations and roadmaps for selecting, initiating, developing and closing projects. This information is destined to always be a work in progress (even on a quick skim now I see things I want to change ), but it is a helpful starting point. There are a few things this info attempts to do:

Project Selection Guidelines

• helps people quickly understand which types of projects are best suited for work in our brigade
  • good talking-piece to help orgs & members consider project scope before committing to the work

Operating Principles

• Important for helping partners see the project as a whole, including their role & the responsibility of ultimately owning the project
  • Great checklist for brigade/proj leaders to make sure we cover the things that are easy to forget

Project Proposal

• Intended as a discussion piece to focus attention on proj aspects that are often skipped or punted
  • Not a substitute for a thoughtful conversation

Post-Project Follow-Up

• Checklist for crossing T’s and dotting I’s when wrapping up a project
  • Important expectation setting for project leads to clarify that “deploy to prod” “done”, but also that projects should (ideally) be finite.
2 Likes