Quick update on Brigades EITC project πŸ’΅

Hello Brigade leaders!

Tax filing season is upon us now (:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:) and I wanted to take a quick moment to update you all on the EITC Brigades project kicked off just one short month ago.

Join us tonight: There is a weekly EITC Brigade Collaboration call tonight, at 5pm PT / 8pm ET. Want to learn more? Join us! (Archived agendas are here.)

How are Brigades getting involved?

So far, members and leaders from eight brigades have stepped up to get involved in this effort. Some highlights: Open Data Delaware and Code for Tucson leaders are getting connected with their local VITA organizers, Code for Anchorage leaders is investigating a user-friendly way to get the documents necessary to complete back taxes, and members from Codes for Boston, San Francisco, and San Jose are staying engaged while we continue to come up with more ways to collaborate.

How can I get my Brigade involved?

Your call to action is – simply point people to this :raising_hand_woman: Volunteer Onboarding document. It’s got ideas on establishing new partnerships, new projects, and a lot more. We’re also looking for leaders on many of these items.

How can I stay tuned in?

Three ways: 1) Join us in two hours, at 5pm PT / 8pm ET. 2) Reply to me and I will add you to the list I’ve been using to send emails. And finally, 3) Join the #cfa-vita-folks Slack channel (in CfA Slack) and introduce yourself.

Feel free to send any questions my way. We’d love to have you involved!