Staff Announcement: Ben Treviño Is the New Senior Program Director, Plus Meet New Hires 🎉

Hi everyone!

I’m really excited to join the Network team as the first ever Senior Network Events Manager. My job is to cultivate community-oriented spaces for the Network, coordinate in-person and virtual events such as meetups, Brigade Congress, and more. I’ll be working to develop a Network Events Strategy that connects the Network, our partners, and Code for America. I also support the design and implementation of new Network programs, like the Organizing Branches and Impact Sprints.

We’ve been long time peers as brigade leaders, so I’m really looking forward to supporting the Network by creating spaces where we all can learn, share and inspire each other. For those that I have yet to meet, here is a little background: I co-founded and leaded the Open Charlotte Brigade from 2013-2021, serving as a member and chair on the National Advisory Council from 2016–2019, and was a Community Fellow program in 2019.

Some fun facts:

• I’m currently teaching my cat, Zuma, to speak Spanish.
  • I’m a total travel fanatic and have been to all seven continents and over 80 countries.
  • I’m a certified Dive Master and love exploring underwater caves. :diving_mask:
3 Likes