Brigade members lead presentations about free tools for Brigades, showcasing how their Brigades built products using software that’s donated for Brigades to use for free!
In order of presentation:
- 16:55 - A quick overview of resources that Code for America offers
On using Mapbox:
- 20:49 - Minh Nguyễn (Mapbox/Code for San Jose) introduces Mapbox
- 22:48 - Yan-Yin Choy (Code for San Jose) presents about using Mapbox to build Heart of the Valley
- 29:13 - Carl V. Lewis (Open Savannah) presents about Data Viz tools for Polygons and beyond!
On using CARTO:
- 46:24 - Kathryn Killebrew (Code for Philly) shows how they used CARTO to help the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission better plan bicycling infrastructure with CyclePhilly.
- 53:50 - Will Skora (Open Cleveland) shows how to use the CARTO dashboard to quickly visualize parking lot geometry and slice and dice your data with ease.
On using Heroku:
- 1:07:10 - Luigi Ray-Montanez (Code for Atlanta) on what Heroku is, if it’s right for you, and how to quickly get set up.
- 1:17:00 - Jim Van Fleet (Code for Charlotte) talks about how CityGram has sent over 10 million notifications to inform residents about the nearby happenings in their city with Heroku. (View Presentation)
Watch on YouTube: