On July 1, 2022, the Impact Sprints program officially launched! We’re excited to introduce our very FIRST cohort, which includes 9 Brigades and 13 projects —spanning diverse issue areas that will have an impact on people’s lives, from Hawaiʻi to Maine.
The Network ReVisioning process provided key insights into the type of support Brigades need to develop well-managed projects that deliver impact and directly support community partner needs. The Impact Sprints program is designed to respond to these needs by providing selected Brigade projects support with project management, volunteer recruitment, and partnership development. Over the next three months, 11 project managers, hired on short-term contracts with Code for America, will collaborate with selected Brigades and their partners to accelerate impact and change people’s lives for the better.
There are two foundational objectives of the Impact Sprints program:
- Deliver impact through partnerships. This new program is designed to create opportunities for all Brigades to strengthen partnerships and catalyze the impact that organizations are already having in local communities. The goal is to add to our partners’ efforts and amplify their impact.
- Directly connect volunteer effort to community needs and scale the project with people power. The vision of Impact Sprints is a world in which the experience of every volunteer can be tightly coupled with impact—where every volunteer hour serves a specific and precious role in transforming our communities.
Within this Impact Sprints cohort, there are two categories of projects that fall under those two objectives:
- Impact Projects already have a solidified partnership and project plan with the potential to scale impact with volunteers within the proposed time frame.
Scoping Projects will focus on building new partner relationships and designing impact-driven projects with the partner.
Learn more about the selected projects and partnerships and get involved as a volunteer by clicking the links below. If you don’t see a role you are interested in, you can check back in a few weeks or fill out the volunteer interest form here to get notified when new roles are available. We expect to be adding volunteers to all projects from now through September.
- Code for Hawaiʻi <> Hawaiʻi Zoning Atlas
- Open Maine <> Maine Town and City Clerks
- Open Columbus <> Taskar Center for Accessible Technology
- Code for Upper Valley <> ECFiber
- Code for Boston <> Urban League
- Code for the Carolinas <> Sunshine Request, Code for Asheville
- Code for Tulsa: CourtBot <> Tulsa University College of Law
- Code for Tulsa <> Tri-City Collective
- Code for Charlottesville
You can also check out the directory of Impact Sprints projects on DemocracyLab, or learn more about the program on the Impact Sprints Notion Hub. We will be sharing project updates on Discourse throughout the summer as well!
Gabrielle (she/her) is the Senior Program Manager of the 2022 Impact Sprints. She manages the program’s day-to-day operations and provides direct support to each project team – striving to help each Brigade amplify the impact of their community partners. She will be working with the Network Team through December 2022 to support the Impact Sprint program.