WIKI: CfA Brigade Network Assets/Styles

Living Wiki of CfA/Brigade Network Graphics, Assets, Style Practices

Hi all! Given requests from a few other posters, we’re turning the thread into a living wiki in which any user may make additions to the main post. This will help prevent threaded-post-hell (ahem, Slack!) and also help us categorize the assets in a more useful way that’s easier to digest and pull from.

How do I contribute to the wiki?

:question:

• You should now see an Edit option at the bottom right of the original post. From there, you can make additions/corrections.

• All changes you make will be recorded with a timestap and your username.

• Should you accidentally save an edit and mess something up, we can easily undo it with version control. If you need assistance in that regard hit up myself or @chris.

Best Practice: For any future wiki posts llke this, be sure to tag the post with the wiki tag and to put WIKI: in front of the topic title. Only use wikis whenever you’re trying to crowdsource a running list of resources, research articles, tutorials, or projects. If you have any queries or concerns, let a member of NAC (you can ping me if you’d like!) or someone on the Network Team know.

Please adhere to the following format for attachents and assets as closely as possible.

Network-Wide Assets and Style Guide

Code for America Style Guide - For Brigades .pdf (175.8 KB)

A. Brigade network .png w/ transparent background:

This graphic used for the network specifically. Transparent .png.
HIGH-RES VERSION WOULD BE IDEAL IF POSSIBLE
May 25, 2018 7:04 PM

B. “No one is coming … it’s up to us.”

*Blue variant - HD .png.

Feel free to replace the opensavannah logo with your own in Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite!*

upload://okmG6VHz8LoWrEsFWgO5uVjzT2U.svg

SPECIAL PROJECT ASSETS FOR FREE AND OPEN REUSE

1. Courtbot Brand Identity (by Carl V. Lewis/MIT License) (.sketch)
3 Likes

There are lots of goodies at https://style.codeforamerica.org/ too

1 Like

Anyone know if there are digital versions of the stickers and graphics used at Summit?

The “Work on things that matter” for example?

2 Likes

How freely can brigades reuse CfA branding elements on projects, promotional materials, etc.?

@todrobbins I believe this is covered by the brigade MOU’s

@civicwhitaker can you lend the official answer?

1 Like

Yes, if you’ve signed the MOU you’re able to use our branding.

I’ll grab the guidelines later today

2 Likes

Thanks @chris and @civicwhitaker!

So this is listed on the NDoCH page but I have never seen it before… posters!?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6VE5cQodHmFdWlmVk54bkIycWs

Anyone? Anyone? Bueler?

I have SVGs I recreated for some of them. Here are at least the No one is coming . . . it's up to us stickers…

https://cvlassets.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/no_one_is_coming.svg

https://cvlassets.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/no_one_is_coming_red.svg

You can open them in Creative Suite or Sketch to edit and take out our logo and replace with yours, obvs.

1 Like

We’re working on updating these - by NDoCH we should have a toolkit that has all of our assets in one place in addition to some cool things for y’all

3 Likes

@carlvlewis Thanks for the SVG recreations … @civicwhitaker … the posters that are already on the NDoCH site are awesome … but more of these pre-made posters will be just great… so I’m excited to hear you’re working on it all!

We had a brigade leader meeting today, and we were discussing t-shirts for NDoCH and possibly using either the “nobody is coming…” or “work on things that matter” on the shirt.

A) is that OK?
B) Would the assets be available in time.

We certainly could use the phrase in a different script but would be nice to be consistent. UNLESS, there are better ND0CH graphics to use.

@civicwhitaker Is there a vector version of the brigade/network logo anywhere we can have access to?

The MOU’s included a link to this Brigade Branding Guidelines document:

Within that is a link to what is apparently the official source of truth for current logo assets (for both CfA and the brigade):

Wiki-Mode BS

time for wiki-mode @carlvlewis?

SOLUTION:

The best design system

1 Like

I have this somewhere as a vector I traced. I’ll add it to the wiki after dinner.

Whoa, @chris, that’s a bit of a compliment that’s tottally undeserved ha. Best Design System is going on my CV for sure now. :stuck_out_tongue:

brigade_sm brigade jpeg

default-to-open

Hello everyone! Quickly adding to this post that we have an update to CfA’s Style Guide. Code for America Style Guide - For Brigades .pdf (175.8 KB)

1 Like